Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Mule Deer (Odocoileus hemionus)

I was unable to hunt in the "usual" spot this year because the baby was born during the middle of that hunt so I decided just to get a "Central" Utah tag and hunt up Spanish Fork canyon with the rest of Utah Valley. Here is a picture of the buck (I will not use the word "killed" for the weak of heart and stomach) harvested this year. I was proud to have "harvested" this year in a open unit because there were only 420,000 hunters in that area.







Here is a picture of the deer I "harvested" last year in Colorado. The Hal Hudson museum of North American big game is open weekly from 9 PM - 2 AM and all nights on weekends. Admission is free of charge but please R.S.V.P.

9 comments:

Courtney said...

i knew you were a hunter but i didn't know you had such a broad range of latin. very impressive.
court

Holly said...

Looks like fun, we harvested some dill weed from our back yard this year.

Trev

Lacy said...

I forgot that you were a hunter. Good pics.

robandsasha said...

Everytime I read your blog I laugh SO hard! You are hilarious, Brack! I love you.

Hudson said...

Sasha-
you have to say that, you're family!

Holly said...

Your Christmas gift from us is a year's membership to PETA; local seminars are free.

Holly said...

And just to leave excessive comments, I agree with Sasha.

Mandy said...

That was a sick looking deer. We harvested several thousand Burriots this year.

Rex

Hudson said...

Ryan-
Congrats on the burrito harvest. I hear that when you harvest a bean, it always turns into multiple burritos or something like that.